The Certum Email ID is an S/MIME certificate which enables two primary benefits for your email communication:
1. Email Signing – this signs every email you send out, so that your recipients are assured that the email really did come from you. In an age of frightening levels of phishing and spoofing, this feature marks all of your email communications in a way that inspires confidence in your contacts, as they can trust the source of the emails coming from you. Reassure your email audience with non-repudiation!
2. Email Encryption – the certificate allows you enable encrypted email exchanges which means that even if your emails are intercepted, its contents (both body and attachments) are safe as they’re encrypted. This is especially useful for executives, directors and VIPs who sometimes (or regularly) have to send and receive sensitive information by email. This would comprise business plans, trade secrets, government data, medical records and more. This gives you the ability to secure your email exchanges both within and outside of your organisation.
The data contained in the Email ID Business certificate:
- Full Name of the subscriber
- Work E-mail address of the subscriber
- Organization name
- Organizational unit
- City / Country
With the Certum E-mail ID Business you and members of staff can send emails without worrying that they might have been modified in any way. This way you can confirm the authenticity of your company online. Business email correspondence has never been so secure.
You need the Certum Email ID Business when professionalism, privacy and business credibility matter!
* Please note that this “Business” variant of the Email ID product can only be issued when certain documentary requirements and approvals are provided, such as a letter on the organisation’s letterhead requesting security certificates for the individual(s), the organisation’s CAC/registration and the individuals’ Government-issued ID.