The Certum Premium Extended Validation (EV) SSL/TLS Certificate offers the highest level of security, assurance and warranty of all three classes of certificates. It provides a secure, encrypted connection as well as the highest level of assurance to protect your brand and site users. It does this by including the Organization’s name and department on the SSL certificate as well as displays’s site owner identity when the padlock is clicked on. EV certificates also display the organisation’s name in a special green bar in most browsers, immediately indicating the connection is secure and website or application is owned by a verified, actual organization. It is the highest safeguard against costly phishing and cloning incidents.
With EV SSL certificates, users do not need to know how to view the certificate’s details in a browser. They only need to click on the padlock to see who owns the website and be rest assured they’re on the authentic domain. This inspires the highest level of trust and makes site users feel safer interacting with your website or submitting data to it.
Extended Validation TLS Certificates are intended for use on websites, applications and servers which are owned and operated by registered businesses and organisations. It is ideal for websites with high risk of criminal attention (phishing or cloning attacks, for example). It is the perfect certificate class for medium to large companies, Government bodies, professional firms, corporations and not-for-profit organisations.
In addition to verifying domain control, you will need to meet a few other requirements to show the organisation is a real, registered legal entity before the certificate is issued an Extended Validation SSL Certificate. The EV certificate is a favourite among organisations who need the most security; Government bodies, commercial banks and other financial services companies. EV certificates protect your brand, assure your customers and also meet stringent industry compliance requirements.
The Certum Extended Validation SSL/TLS certificate comes in only two variants, as is the convention globally;
- Single domain (yourwebsite.ng).
- Multi-domain (yourwebsite.ng, asseco.com, asseconigeria.org, extendedvalidation.certum.ng), etc. We can generate an EV multi-domain certificate with up to 200 SANs upon request.
* Extended Validation certificates currently do not have
wildcard versions for security reasons. This is the case with all Certification Authorities around the world.
* Please contact us if you require an EV multi-domain certificate with more than 10 SANs/domains/subdomains. We can custom generate an EV certificate with up to 200 SANs.
* NOTICE – Please see the verification requirements for issuance of Extended Validation certificates before placing your order.